Easy, dairy free, flour free Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies are delicious and only contain 6 ingredients.
Running Low on Flour?
Well, if you are in the same boat that I am in, you may be running low on gluten free flour. And to make matters worse, it is becoming increasingly difficult to find gluten free flour in stores and online. So, what is one to do? Stop baking? No! May I suggest simply getting creative.
I’ve been working on a few recipes that use less flour than usual. Amazingly, this recipe contains ZERO flour. The results were great. Not only am I saving flour, but I am also reducing the amount of carbohydrates. It’s a win-win situation.
Six Simple Ingredients
I just love simple recipes with small ingredient lists. Easy recipes tend to come together in a snap and are typically more economical. Saving time and money is just a great thing.
This recipe contains six, real ingredients:
- Peanut Butter (1/2 cup) – Opt for unsweetened peanut butter. Many peanut butter brands are filled with sugar. Read labels and skip the added sugar. In this recipe I used an all natural peanut butter- you know, the one where the oil settles on the top and needs to be stirred. I used Smuckers All Natural Creamy Peanut Butter.
- Egg (1) – One little egg holds these cookies together.
- Brown Sugar (1/2 cup) – Opt for light brown sugar.
- Baking Soda (1/2 teaspoon)
- Rolled Oats (1/2 cup) – Choose rolled oats, not quick cooking oats. Be sure to select certified gluten free oats. While oats do not contain gluten, they are often processed on shared equipment and become contaminated.
- Chocolate Chips (1/4 cup) – Chocolate is my thing, and I just think that it makes almost everything better (besides chocolate and peanut butter and pretty much the best of friends).
How to Make Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies come together very easily. Begin by creaming together the peanut butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add in one egg and mix until smooth.
Add the baking soda, rolled oats, and chocolate chips. Mix together until all of the ingredients hold together.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a spring loaded cookie scoop, scoop out level rounds of dough. Roll the dough between the palms of your hands forming a tight ball. Place the dough in the center of one hand and gently press down to create a flattened disc about 1/4″ thick.
Place the cookies 1 inch apart on the baking sheet. If desired press a few more chocolate chips into the tops of each cookie.
Bake for 8 minutes. Allow the cookies to sit on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsweetened creamy peanut butter I used Smuckers All Natural (stir variety)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup rolled oats Opt for certified gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the peanut butter and brown sugar.
- Add in one egg and mix until smooth.
- Add in the baking soda, rolled oats, and chocolate chips. Mix until combined.
- Using a spring loaded cookie scoop, scoop out level rounds of dough. My scoop measures 1 & 1/2 tablespoons. Roll the dough between the palms of your hands forming a tight ball. Place the dough in the center of one hand and gently press down to create a flattened disc about 1/4″ thick.
- Place the cookies 1 inch apart on the baking sheet. If desired press a few more chocolate chips into the tops of each cookie.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Allow the cookies to sit on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Nut Free Options
The good news is that making these cookies nut free is a snap. Simply substitute an equal amount of your favorite seed butter into this recipe in lieu of peanut butter. My favorites?
- 88 Acres – Every single seed butter that they make is amazing. My favorite is their Roasted Pumpkin Seed Butter.
- Sun Butter
© The Gluten Free Gathering
The images, content, and recipes found within are copyright protected. Do not use images and written content without first obtaining permission from The Gluten Free Gathering. Looking to share or republish a recipe? Please link back directly to this post for the recipe.